TOP 5 LESSONS MARKET SEASON HAS TAUGHT ME
Top 5 lessons market season has taught me
By this point in my life, I have a ton of pop-up experience under my belt. Here are the 5 lessons that market season has taught me:
- Be like a Girl Scout, Always Be Prepared- Yes, you do need the tent walls, sandbags, battery pack, extra water, tape, scissors, and a screwdriver. The day you don’t have one of them you will need it.
- Always Be Early- If you like to take your time and it’s just you setting things up, get there early. Feeling rushed makes me feel frazzled and I don’t like to be stressed all day, so be early.
- Be kind to yourself- These days are hard. If you aren’t feeling it, if you aren’t getting as many sales as you would like, if you wish you set your booth up differently, if you forgot something, It’s ok. I promise it’s ok. Some days are off days and that’s ok. Tomorrow is a new day and the next show will be different.
- Get a dolly- seriously life-changing. I can’t believe I didn't have one for a lot of shows when I first started, definitely a rookie mistake
- Ohio Weather is NEVER what the forecast says- like ever, so be prepared for anything.